Monday, December 13, 2004

Blogger, Picasa, Hello and Google

So far the experience with Blogger has been pretty good. I recently bought a Nikon D70 digital SLR camera. It has already changed my view of family photography (my 2.5-year-old son is of the golden age of being all natural without stopping to pose). Some features that set it (and other fine digital SLRs) apart are: instant on, (almost) zero shutter lag and fast continuous shooting (not to mention great quality optics). I realized the volume of pictures in general and sharable picture in particular that I will produce from now on will sky-rocket soon because there is no need to delete anything (storage is cheap) and you can just fire away continuously (no shutter lag and continuous shooting mode). So I need some good software to organize and share my pictures (mostly of my 2.5-year-old son) without hassle. Because I am a Blogger user, it's just so natural for me to try Picasa and Hello (all Google properties). Just installed them and will start trying them out.

What do they have to do with Cornerstone Brainstorm? Well, a lot. They are all Google properties that work well with each other. They all empower the end user to be able to do things and do things to each other easily. What we want to add to the mess is the angle of apps. Writing a little app should be as easy as posting on a blog. Sharing apps with each other should be as easy as pointing permlinks at each other. I envision a day when I view your app on Blogger, move a magnifying glass over your app to see what kind of inputs and outputs it takes and produces, grab them into my blog, add my logic (by picking from a vast repository of prebuilt templates) based on yours and hit Publish App. Then my app is done, which anyone can also point to and use.